Early in 1980, the government of St. Kitts and Nevis decided to separate the stamp issuing policy so that each island would have its own postage stamps. Independent Philatelic Bureaus were established on each island and the first issue with individual names was released in September 1980. This gave stamp collectors a wonderful opportunity to collect stamps from both St. Kitts and Nevis - two new stamp-issuing countries.
Stamp Issuing Policy
The Nevis Philatelic Bureau was established to cater to the worldwide philatelic demand from collectors and dealers. In order to ensure total integrity with dealers and collectors alike, the following points should be noted:
• Each year, six to eight issues, including Souvenir Sheets, are released
• Definitive issues are released for a period of five years
• Postal demands will dictate all face values
• Commemorative issues will be in direct relevance to Nevis, and/or, reflect events of international importance.
Advantage of a Standing Order Customer
To make sure that you receive all new issues of Nevis as and when they are released, you are encouraged to become a Standing Order Account customer. There are many advantages of being a regular subscriber:
• Standing order customers' requirements take precedence over all others after the postal requirements of the island have been met.
• An account showing payments received and your credit balance will be enclosed with each order.
• Stamps with the overprint "OFFICIAL" will be used on all correspondence.
• Press releases will advise you for future issues.
Please be advised that in order to receive all privileges of being a standing order account customers, you must maintain your account in credit at all times.
For customers holding a standing order deposit account, the amount of $20 US is requested. Should several issues be ordered, a further sum is recommended. Monies will be credited to customers' accounts at the current rate of exchange.
For non-standing order customers, payment must accompany your order.
The Bureau accepts deposits and payments in the following ways:
• Personal cheque
• Certified cheque
• Bank draft
• International Money Order
• British postal order
• All major credit cards. (Please supply your name, card billing address, card type, number and expiry date.)
International Reply Coupons are not accepted as payments. Cash is accepted, but must be sent at customer's own risk and via registered mail.
All remittances should be made payable and sent to:
Nevis Philatelic Bureau
Head Post Office
Charlestown, Nevis. West Indies
Tel: (869) 469-5535
Fax: (869 469-0617
Stamp Issuing Programme - 2010
• Elvis 75th Birthday
• Birds of Nevis
• 100 Anniversary of Girl Guiding
• 35th President of the USA
• Blue Whales of the Caribbean
• Orchids of the Caribbean
• Anniversary - Henri Dunant
• Anniversary - Kennedy
• Diana Princess of Wales
• 25th Anniversary of the Bank of Nevis
• World Football Championship 2010
• 16th President of USA Abraham Lincoln
• Royal Engagement